Wednesday 15 July 2009

Day 9




6.45 wake up, it’s swimming time. I’m writing this blog as I wake…… and am excited at a morning swim. I have to say when I was little I used to get up 4 mornings a week at about 6.30 am and swim with my auntie… Brings back lovely memories! The day is spent then going through the image catalogue which holds all the necessary faunal groups and I think Jaime is having fun being able to take time a bit to enjoy this.
Evening swim time again and its warm… twice in one day that’s pretty good I’d say! In the eve, I retreat to the bat cave and continue my Faroe-Shetland channel analysis to the sounds of the King Bruce Springstein, nice one Robert!
During the day we were joined by a fishing vessel in order to aid ‘spooning off’ the winch, so the hydraulics man can sort out the problem. Notice Erik, Head surveyor MMT oiling that winch cable (but not enjoying it) Nice guys these fishermen, until later when I heard that they thought all the girls coming off the boat were all cleaners?! I guess this an island after all…

1 comment:

Daniel Buscombe said...

glad to see you're getting your swims in! hope you're steering clear of the oily port water though!