Thursday 16 July 2009

Day 10



I awoke at 7 am this morning and straight to the Faroe-Shetland channel video to finish it. A few good finds indeed and am liking the bat cave set up in the Operations room, mainly as I don’t move so much in there. Its now 9.24 am and we are heading out to test the new winch set up, fingers crossed. I introduce the offline ladies to Santogold.
I have also introduced the foxy offline chicks to Mr Motivator, who people after a 9 year absence is back to stamp out obesity in the UK. God bless that man, and his outfits! Douglas Jones, remember that thai curry bet we had…ha ha! I will suggest that we may be joined by the legend that is Mr M to the T to the V to the TOR and he assists Anders on the Franklin Fitness Challenge. Can’t wait!
Meeting at 7pm time and the Biologists gather together to sort out the video analysis of the tows we have successfully completed and we hear of new records in the species catalogue. Whoopwoo!
Today we spotted a Great Skua, pretty neat. Hope you enjoy the photos Tony John and the rest of you birders, especially you Bicknell if you have bothered to read this far!
I break out the raspberries and had the brilliant idea of covering them in chocolate, however, there was a bit of a swell and I spent too long in the galley area, you would think that I would have learned that by now, 1 hour later (and after a snoozle on a flat plain) the treats were fully appreciated I think.
Well sleep had to equal something and that was missing 10 bottlenose dolphins at the bow of the ship, twice!! Anyway they are documented just for your pleasure guys.
Over evening toast and tea, we hear of the seal encounter with the Franklin OOBehave speed boat, wish I had of been there after missing those dolphins today! Maybe I’ll take it for a little spin tomorrow, Captain Christer is in a good mood, it was his birthday today! Yiaowee
Nite ya’ll
X

No comments: