Friday 17 July 2009

Day 11

Had a bit of a late wakeup as I didn’t really sleep well last night. I ingested two of those whacky qwells sea sickness tablets as I presumed we were off to sea. But remaining stationary, does not bode well after ingestion. I was a bit woosy and wide awake at 1.30 am, not even sex & the city could make me sleep!
However, breakfast called and then it was… swim time. Helena and I headed off in the direction of the castle via a wool and tweed shop. What a gem of a little place and what a gem of a little man who owned it, except that he didn’t want us to leave and kept talking as he moved. I got out first and Helena was still there. This morning though we had a dive and a 10 second dip, phone call and the boat is leaving. We made the 30 min walk into a 15 min run… with breaks in my gazelle like speed in order for Helena to keep up.
Alas, we make it back. But we are not leaving… where the hell is Bill Murray? He must be hiding out here somewhere? Yo Murray, where are you? I mean it is groundhog day!
Jaime and I head out on the front deck in the fresh air to do some work… I’m listening to the Cinematic Orchestra. I imagine if we didn’t have music... unthinkable! However, I remember a story of a first date where the male element admitted quite fervently that he didn’t like instruments?! Not music, but instruments?! Huh! I blame his mother! That was courtesy of a friend though, I do not lay any ownership on that story, I just like telling it…
Back inside and myself and the jaimemeister are going through the stills images from the tows… exciting stuff I say, exciting stuff (although I am not allowed to show you… just type in gorgonian on the web and you will see)
While I am here, you must watch a film called Waveriders, has the best sound track I have heard in a while and of course it is Irish made. I’m back to work, these damn midges! Do you know they have approximately 37 species in Scotland… Factoids!
We are yes still awaiting the Seatronics engineer to arrive and fix the problems with the system and now I see the divers on the pontoon. They are here to check the underwater positioning system… its all go here!
Ok, so all on board feel that it is indeed time for beers and we go onto the local drag! One very scary pub, although saved by the pool table. Well, almost saved. I beat Dave at pool, but the dude Dave is in deed a hustler… a local man entered the ring and placed his hand on the table asking ‘ is this a private game’, meaning he plays the winner. A bitter divorce later and the guy is telling me women cannot play pool well and stopping me mid shot to tell me to change my angle… I don’t bear fools well, but I did enjoy watching him fall on his last two balls and make excuses. I didn’t win, but I made it difficult by trying to continuously snooker him! Ha!

1 comment:

tavihead said...

Hi Maria,
How kind of you to think of me while mixing work with beer filled evenings!! Your life is exciting to the extreme compared with the continual rainy days we are experiencing on Dartmoor. Will continue to read your blog with interest,