Tuesday 14 July 2009

Day 7



Back on shift, delayed as the camera has shorted and we are waiting for the technical assistance of the camera and video suppliers. It looks like we will be steaming to Isle of Lewis, Stornaway to make contact, unless we can have a helicopter drop, which will include chocolate for the ladies and “normal” tea.
The offline chicas and chico, Cajse and Anders taught me how to say awesome as in awesome/cool in Swedish today while we were working in the lab…. Häthight (pronounced phonetically- hefdit)! That’s my new word I feel.
Although here are some more that I will be using:
Natti natti- goodnight
Suveränt- superb
Some deck shots...hi Helena, the engineer!
So I’m all set up in the little cubby hole in the lab area and am ready to analyse some video footage from the faroe-shetland channel. I find Now Hits 68 on Jaimes music collection… Phil Collins (NO!). Yes this little area will be the singing DJ area (no Phil Collins requests though). Dinner calls and the chef has made a Thai green curry, not like yours though Lucy Lui…
Not a good evening, I wasn’t well and went out on the aft deck to watch the horizon and have my dinner and managed to fall asleep, awoken by Jaime around 6.30. I knew we were in for a rough ride and I had to go to bed. I woke at 10 pm and found an orange, biscuits and water next to my bed, the dudess Jaime had been in and left some treats. I really thought I was gaining my sea-legs, guess it is gonna take me a little longer, damn.
The ship had finished multi-beaming the area and was approaching a speed of 12 knots to get to Stornaway in time. I have to say after a few hours I was awake and the noise was pretty impressive. We were heading into the wind and the noise of that breeze hitting the ship and moving through the metal railings sounded like a scream and there were quite a few of them. It was 4 am and I looked out the window and all I could see was water and white spray. Back to bed and lying flat for the rest of the morning. To be honest I was pretty scared, I was really hoping for Stornaway to show itself soon…

No comments: