Tuesday 10 July 2007

Day 7: Monday owntime in the lab and a little stroll in Falmouth

Today was officially my day off ....... day off in the laboratory with the studs!!!!!! My partner in crime was on her own... but with the help of Dr John Williams , one of my old tutors at Southampton......... one of the most awesome guys on the planet........ looks like the dracula grandad off The Munsters......... but mucho respect......... hes the dude!

So I was on hand with my expertise to assist and guide the eager young students!!! So I was Matt's little helper for the day........!!! Matt is the heart of the laboratory here, nothing pumps properly without him here to organise the show!!!! If it aint done right, the students have no results!!! Photos will follow of all the people involved!

So fellow Sahfonians... you will be pleased to know that the book of choice here for the zoo. is Todd and Laverack!!!!

So while working on my own stuff....... a gasp aired from one peticular student...... she found something very strange..... nothing ever seen in the zooplankton realm before............. It was............ a terrestrial fly...................... I should have pretended it was a baby flying fish as you could see the wings........ yeah flying fish in Falmouth, that'd be a first!!

So then to the town of Falmouth......... and taking a break in 'Jam', record store-come art shop- come-coffee shop............... excellent................... and talking to the locals about mammal and shark sightings etc................... then back to my lodgings for dinner............ I tell you its great living with the ships crew... myself and Steph are getting our dinner cooked every night!!

Then as the sun came down, myself and Marc, one of the other PhD students, whipped the behinds of every one at pool............................... and Matt the man managed to take care of an old issue and ran the lap of hounour as he won the biggest game of pool in his life!!!

Its 12.30 am and we are eating chocolate cheescake
xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maria,

nice pics! Web was finally up again, was down most last week, so could get to see what you've been up to.

Hope you'll find a basking whale soon, and enjoy your chocolate cheesecake!

Astrid