Saturday 16 June 2012

Mmmm... 2.5 years later

How times Fly and you don't update... my PhD has taken control, now I return to Blog! This blog began because the world needed an update on, I suppose my adventures in the marine world as a whole and the wonders of the deep sea ... and I wanted to record something for posterity!

I was embarking on a cruise to the West of Ireland, by passage to Aberdeen, Orkney Islands to my right, a little further and past the outer Hebrides... to meet head on the spirit of Rockall and what lies beneath! The journey from surface to 1500 m below sea level was one of the most amazing adventures so far in my scientific career and I was humbled by the beauty of the deep and the diversity of life down there. For updates on the cruise For the JNCC Blog and footage of the deep-sea creatures see

No comments: